Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Life at the moment

One year has past since living in the city centre and thankfully I need not move, maybe not just yet and hopefully I don't have to. I recalled the many times I have been moving lugging all new and old things to the new place at least twice a year throughout university time in Canada. It did look like that initially when I moved in and settled in Leeds but I'm praying for peacefulness, at least for the moment.

It was Canada Day yesterday. I sent a postcard of Leeds University featuring the Parkinson Building on a clear sky to my host family who is in Saskatoon. They have a white huskie with blue eyes and I think that was the reason they named it Blèu. The last time I saw Benjamin he was much taller and have grown lots. I am sure he'll be as tall as Jerôme, if not taller. They are all great musicians. They used to bring me to their Mennonite church whenever there was an event going on. We would find ourselves playing boardgames after. That was how I rediscovered my likings to boardgames; e.g. Cranium, Balderdash, Settlers of Catan, Seafarers, etc.

At the moment, life seems to be stalled with no jobs and I'm living out my days at the gym and outside of home. The broadband service at home has ceased due to some miscommunications over BT's end. When broadband is on, we (as in all of us generally) would spend most of our time doing nothing productive. When there's no access, we feel something's missing. So, in short, I guess we're just loving to do nothing. Life without broadband seems empty and HF has just related that she felt empty too.

Been thinking of getting on the road again. I need a job to pay off some bills that comes with the maintenance of the car. That way, HF and I can go just anywhere without relying on others, i.e. public transportations.

I guess that will be all the rantings I have for today.

No comments: