Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Decided

It has come to the time when I have to make one decision for my future. It would involve a biggest sacrifice.

Coming to Leeds Metropolitan University Law School was an unstudied decision and I only realised this after 2 months of attendance. The LL.B degree that will be issued by LMU will not be recognised by the Malaysian government. I had to change university but all universities were reluctant to consider my application into their second year program (see email below). A year past and earlier this year I tried to be admitted into Cardiff University's final year in which I was given an offer. It was declined but they offered me an unconditional offer to do their second year.

The email I received yesterday:
Dear Danny,

Thank you for your recent email. I can confirm that the Director of Overseas
Recruitment have now reviewed your case and I am pleased to confirm that he has
agreed for you to enter Cardiff Law School into year 2.

I have forwarded Academic Registry the details and they will inform UCAS
shortly.

Kind regards


Emma Williams
Admissions Secretary
Cardiff Law School


I have just finished my second year and I am reluctant to do second year again even though Cardiff University's LL.B is recognised by the Malaysian government.

I have recently been employed to work in a food franchise here in Leeds after months of searching. If anything at all, I should consider myself lucky to be employed. To have employment would mean the gain of work experiences. To leave for Cardiff would mean sacrificing 2 things: work experience that was hard to come by, and 1 year's time. The latter is a huge sacrifice in which I do not want to lose at all. A lot can be done and achieved within a year's period.

Instead of doing another year of second year, I could have finished a postgrad study in the Master's level right after I finished LL.B from the crappy substandard LMU's law school.

A mistake of the past is but a mistake of the past. If there should be a remedial action that warrants a bigger sacrifice, then perhaps the mistake should just be left as it is and take it as a lesson learnt so as not to be repeated.

No comments: