Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kawanku Full Translation

The English translation of this song.
I have found it hard to translate as accurate as possible.
Words in SQUARED BRACKETS "[]" are mostly implied or intended meaning
Words in CURVED BRACKETS "()" struggles to convey the intended expression on that line.

My intentions to translate this retarded song was not mean for a 'happy' listening, but for those of you who wish to know wtf this song is all about in its entirety!
Cheers, Dann.




Lyrics

------------------------------

My comments
I got to know this from Annur's blog. This song could be the latest craze among the Malaysians and Singaporeans. Some found it funny, hip, and creative. Some found it revolting. I saw it as a personal affront towards certain ethnic groups in Malaysia and especially the Bumiputras, which I do not at all agree. The people involved in the making of this song must be too ignorant and too insensitive although they may argue their political correctness about the song. There's too much issues to clarify relating to culture differences, social strata, status quos, ethnic origins and harmony, and of course, politics.

I welcome any comments.

No comments: