Monday, October 24, 2005

What was missing

It took a while to remember and eventually realize that my life here in the UK compared to the life in Canada was actually different not because of the environment, but because of one very important person that made it all different--my brother.

Andrew came 2 weeks later and we stayed in the same room for one academic year at the University of Saskatchewan's Qu'appelle Hall, Voyager Place. He is also a very good roommate. I missd being with him. After a year at Qu'appelle Hall, we lived separately and I still know that he's in town and I can look him up whenever I want to.

However, ever since I moved to live in Leeds, England, I didn't know until a few weeks back that he was actually the 'factor' that made me feel something was missing and I didn't feel complete. Perhaps I am used to being with him or having him, my big brother, around. The size of the city has to be irrelevant. When you actually know someone in a foreign city, it's going to make a lot of significant difference living in that city.

My cousins are in London and I knew I could look them up some times whenver I would go down. This, as oppose to nobody at all. I thought about it and concluded that I was once very fortunate, but not this time. I have to make it on my own... but now luckily enough, with my lady HF.

I have found both of them.
Can't help recalling the song "You light up my life"

No comments: