Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Night

We brought back a lot of memories, knowledge and information pertaining to AIESEC, made quite a number of people/friends, and most importantly grown in confidence and self-esteem, at least to me.

I have had some time to reflect on what I actually gained from the conference and contrasted the outcome to a potential situation where I did not attend. I must say I was surprised to see there was really a dramatic positive difference. I owe it big time to the people who ran the entire conference as they have duly inspired me in a lot of ways, especially one of our guest speakers named Marcus Orlovsky... and also because it is AIESEC.

There will be pictures of the Walsall AXIS 2005 in Birmingham as well as last night's Halloween party, where I creatively decorated myself as Darth Maul wannabe (who is a pod racer)

While waiting for the pictures of the conference to be available to me, I'll put up the pictures from last night. It was my first 'dressed up' Halloween party (at Carolyn's place) and thanks to a gentleman who made it possible. He brought with him a complete set of face painting and I had the privilege to them. When asked to guess what I am, most answered Spiderman. It was fun.

I had trouble getting the paint off my face later when I arrived home. The red paint smeared to my hands and the colors still stubborn and for a moment I thought I couldn't face any of my classmates tomorrow. At least, I will be getting stares and glares a lot... perhaps I'll just tell them I got a terrible sun burn in Birmingham! It was really hillarious getting it off... it took me about 45 minutes and felt like ripping my face off like 'The V' (TV series of the 80's).



Vivian dressed up as a cute pinkish bunny sporting a furry bunny tail ball and a bow tie. Since witches carry broomsticks, devils wield trident, fairies magic wand, so I thought I should complete the cute bunny with a piece of huge bright carrot. Creative, huh?

I'm missing my double-sided spear and a black trench coat. I will be better prepared for Halloween next year.

No comments: