Thursday, November 17, 2005

On the line live

Yesterday (Wednesday) was officially the day when I started dialing out to Arcadia Stores' customers promoting them a product of GE Money. It went on for 40 minutes as a teaser trial for most of our batch are still new and fresh from training and very much still afraid to "go live".

It wasn't really so bad for the first time, however, we got a taste of what we'll be expecting to face as we go along. There were some red-neck customers of whom we classified them as irate customers. Not very welcoming, though. Surprisingly, I managed to pull off one successful sale. My first and only for that evening. Overall sales for the evening totalled three (3).

Today, I made two sales and I'm very happy with it. Our trainer awarded me a bottle of Sainsbury's white wine as recognition. We got a total of eight (8) sales today. Not too bad a figure for beginners and dialing for 2 hours.

As for Vivian, she's been working so hard and her extra hours been wearing her out. It's big sales day for Debenhams yesterday, today, and tomorrow; and she was awarded with 2 bottles of wine for opening the most store card accounts of the day. There's no doubt that she's good at this.

Yesterday's morning, I got a wake up call from Vivian that surprises me as it was not a normal call. She told me to check outside to see for myself a bomb threat that's happened and and around where I live. Found out later that, according to an employee working in Halifax building which is adjacent to Aspect 14 flats, there is a suspicious looking package in the building and just before 10am, the building security called for an emergency evacuation and the bomb squad arrived at the scene by 10:45am. If you see the inset picture, you'll notice police tape lines already set up their perimeter. No one was allowed to go in or out of the perimeter, and I was still in my flat taking this picture on my balcony. I was still quite oblivious as to what was happenning when she called as I just woke up. I therefore did not know how to appreciate the dangers of a bomb threat, which was why I was still able to grab a camera and shoot a scene outside.

It was a false alarm. Nothing happened that day and both building, Halifax and Aspect 14 flats, are still intact. Thank god.

No comments: