Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Cold

I've been anticipating for Christmas day, a day for joy and celebration for the past few days. My voice turned out to be muffled out a little on the Eve of Christmas. I didn't think it would hit me the worse and it did on Christmas day when I came down hard with fever and cold.

Aw, these joint-aches, headaches, and feeling light headed was driving up the walls; and I was coughing up phelgms profusely. It had to be throat infection. Despite all, HF and I tried our very best to put up a very merry little Christmas for ourselves.

I bought us a little Christmas tree and had it in the living room where I placed her present under it. She hasn't done so and I presumed she's going to make a surprise about it 'coz we've been ranting about Santa Clause for the whole night. So I made a joke claiming that I saw 'something' that is not suppose to be there and I know that's my present. Obvious enough, she was playing the denial game with me on that, but I could already see that she's already uncomfortable but still trying to put up a good show. So I'll just wait till Christmas morning.

We roasted duck instead of turkey just to be different from traditions. Both are of the bird species; and it's easier to roast a duck.

On Christmas morning, sure enough there was my present under the tree. I couldn't express how happy I was mainly because my senses have been slightly numbed due to high fever and cold. We stayed indoor for the entire Christmas day. She took care of me and I to her (I tried).

The streets were very quiet and seemed deserted. I suppose many have gone back to be with their families. It has and it is truly a blessing to have both of us for each other. I love her dearly.

No comments: