Saturday, September 01, 2007

Probable trip to Shanghai

Since the British High Commission is currently reviewing my appeal for a visa, I won't be hearing from them for the next 4-6 weeks! Earlier this week, thoughts of visiting Shanghai crossed my mind and I have been thinking about going there for a vacation seriously. One of my main agenda was to visit HF's parents during my stay. I sought for a couple of people to sponsor a return flight ticket to Shanghai (PVG) and because Malaysia will be celebrating it's 50th years of Independence, it won't be till Monday before anyone is able to do anything.

To my surprised, I received a call from HF on Thursday's evening (11:03 GMT). She was crying on the other end. Not a word spoken. Still crying even after asking what's happened many, many times. Then the news broke out:
HF: Danny... my grandpa passed away!
ME: OMG! Oh no! How did that happened? Are you okay?

Obviously she wasn't okay but I was overcame with shock that my HF was wailing non-stop that I didn't have a split-second thought to know what i was asking.

HF: *just crying*
HF: The funeral will be on Sunday.
ME: I'm very sorry to hear that. Are you going back to Shanghai?
HF: I will go back on Sunday. I will see if I can have them postpone the funeral to Tuesday. Can you come too?

ME: Yeah! Of course, I will be there.

She has no idea of my plans to visit Shanghai to see her parents for a couple of weeks. My position at this moment would, according to Arthur, sound like the comedy-drama movie entitled "Four Weddings and a Funeral" staring Hugh Grant. It's "One Wedding and a Funeral" for me so far.

I feel very sorry to hear the demise of HF late grandfather. I still think I would go for a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my condolences.. *hugs* for your gf.

shutterblogs said...

Thanks nur. You're so very kind!