Wednesday, October 18, 2006

New lappie

It's been a week now since I got a new laptop from Dell.com. I decided to get it from Dell because, among other reasons, it was comparatively cheaper than retailed prices for the specs detailed below.

Inspiron 9400 Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 (1.66 GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB)
17" Ultrasharp Widescreen TFT display
1024 MB SDRAM
80GB SATA HDD
8x DVD+/- RW
256 MB DDR ATI Mobility Raedon x1400 VGA

Weighs about 3.2 kg, which is reasonably light and convenient to be carried around.

Click for full-sized imageArrived boxed. Of course! What else would I have expected? Bagged in bubble-wraps?


Click for full-sized imageCan't wait any longer to see the contents! It's been a long wait.


Click for full-sized imageThe best is always worth waiting!


Click for full-sized imageI thought I got a 15.1" screen but, Viola! 17.1" widescreen. *sniggers!*


Click for full-sized imageIt's UK's keyboard layout, which I did not like very much as there are additional keys in odd places. Eg. between the Z-key and Left-shift-key, there's the Back-slash key; they Aprostrophe-key (") switched places with the "at" (@) key. If my pinky-fingers were short, I can bet to my last dollar that I wouldn't have reached the Return-key without moving my palm from rest. I complained to Dell about this in which, in turn, they refunded 20£ for the inconvenience. Cool! But I am still having this keyboard, which is apparently GLuED to the machine!


Click for full-sized imageDell Inspiron 9400.


Click for full-sized image... and the machine came to live!


VERDICT
The amount paid for this was 805£. I would have paid in excess of 1,200£ if purchased from retail stores like PC World or Currys. There has not been much problems since (I guess the only reason for this is that IT IS new!). I'm not complaining... besides the keyboard.

My rating: 8.5 / 10 !

No comments: