Monday, July 30, 2007

Home

Food
Already three weeks in the Peninsula and the only thing I seems to enjoy doing the most is a favorite past-time most Malaysians enjoy-- eating round the clock! I paused to think that the English's Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, and dinner topped the list but after giving a second thought to that, I realized that it isn't so for the Malaysians.

I have been heads over heels for a typical Malay delicacy called "Nasi Lemak" (椰浆饭) since the day I landed. However, I had a 'taster' version of Nasi Lemak on flight which has effectively led me to a crave and now an addiction. For a week, I had Nasi Lemak with all sorts of other condiments for breakfast, lunch, post-lunch, "tea", dinner, and late supper! Mind you, there is even a "much later-supper", otherwise known as pre-breakfast! Since I will only be back for a short while, I didn't think I should be too mindful about my weight. They're all good food! ;) Believe me, Malaysia is a food haven!

For larger size, click hereIn-flight's version of "Nasi Lemak" on Malaysian Airlines.Posted by Picasa



For larger size, click hereA typical Nasi Lemak by food hawkers with standard condiments such as fried anchovies, ground nuts, sambal chilli paste, cucumbers, and an egg (either hard-boiled or fried). I had an extra fried chicken for this.Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click herePrawn Noodles! OMG! I didn't even had the time to think about fish and chips.Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click here"Yee Mee" a kind of noodles with delicious soup served with fresh tiger prawns, vegetables, scallops, and some white meats. Very good!Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereMalay style fried noodles. Very, verrry good!Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereDesserts! These, however, are not the typical local desserts. Will show soon!Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereDesserts!Posted by Picasa


No comments: