Tuesday, February 15, 2005

... but the Roses were dead.

On Valentine's Day
the pretty budding roses were crushed dead;
intended to interrupt class today,
walk up the aisle hand her the rose and make her day
unfortunately such desperation there was no aid

Terribly disappointed and end of the world I was thinking
Fortunately Salvo's provided the romantic atmosphere
Food and ambience were smashingly excellent
Received her gift five hearts most unique.

Pictures/Photos of what I'd call my most memorable and best (because it's the first) Valentine's Day dinner/date will be up as soon as they are available to me. I was suited up and dining in that restaurant perhaps has given me the impression that I may be over-dressed. As for her part, she was abso-freaking-lutely smashing and gorgeous. One of the funny part was her having to remind herself to be lady-like, you know, graceful, polite, soft spoken etc. Even I, too, have to remind myself constantly to be that of a gentleman especially when I'm draped a coat and sporting a tie.

Just after we stepped out of the resto, she grabbed my hands and pulled me close to her and gazed into my eyes. In a few moments soon no longer than 20 secs, still gazing into my eyes and her hands gripped mine tighter as the cold winds breezed through us,
"Thank you for the wonderful night and wonderful dinner", she spoke in her most tender and sweet of voices.
Immediately, I couldn't help and I blushed a little as I was speechless because there is almost all certainty that I felt she meant it in every possible way. Remember I was a little disappointed at what happened to my initial plan of interrupting her class and giving her the rose and that the plan didn't work? It was crushed and mashed up because I had it in my backpack and my books were at fault... or was it me? That moment when she spoke, those disappointments just vanished and I have then convinced myself that I have successfully gave us an awesome evening.
"You're very welcomed, and it was my pleasure!", I replied with probably the happiest grin I've never formed. Then,
"I mean, come on... it's Valentine's Day. ...", I continued kiddingly to chill out the already awkward feelings of politeness that intruded my mind.

Hand-in-hand trying to keep each other's hands warm as we walked back. I fooled around a little doing dumb things or trying to be a super hero while she remained quiet probably still enjoying the wonderful night thus far. Then she hugged me and asked me to stop then she said softly, "...you have not had [seen] the best thing yet..."

that was a hint.

No comments: