Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Special days

People call days like Mother's day, Father's day, and birthdays as special days and celebrations to commemorate such days usually entails.

Oddly enough, till today these special days are still as mysterious as the word mysterious is to me. It is not unlike appreciating camera equipments, lenses, or photography where I know the meaning and its value of appreciating it. It is also not unlike having the person you love & cherish around.

I don't look forward to birthdays, not even on my birthdays, and I do not think I have ever looked forward to my birthday since as far as I can remember until recently because of HF. She has somehow sheded new light onto the meaning of birthdays to me. Strange but true. I have tried to understand why some people looked forward to their own birthdays so much and I found that the reason some do that was because they know it will be their happy day where family and friends would gather together and celebrate that moment just for that person; knows that gifts will be received; happy moments created and sometimes perpetuated; add new meaning to life rather than riding on the monotonousness of life.

If this is or has been a problem, then I guess this is just my problem, otherwise this could just be me. I guess my growing up environment was much more than simple comparatively. I guess in our family, we haven't really take occasions such as Birthday celebrations (or any of the Special Days above) as seriously as others. However, I should not make this as an excuse for not doing what should be done. Am I making any sense here? Sigh, maybe all these are just my other empty rantings.

No comments: