Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What a Monday

The first call I got yesterday's morning was an announcement of a great news from HF -- her working visa application has gone through successfully!

That meant a lot for us. We've been through a lot of arguments, stress, fights, etc. and we're all worried about her leave to remain in the country legally. However, it is never worth the experience to go underground and be exposed to the risks of getting caught by the authorities and being deported then. The air is cleared and we have one less worry to worry about.

Nevertheless, I would still loved her to work in Leeds or at least somewhere near where she does not have to spend 4 hours on commuting time to and back from work. Travelling to and back from Manchester early in the morning and returning by 8pm could just about blow up any person's head for sure. I hope to do something worthwhile that will change her perspective of commuting-boredom-syndrome.

I did put up a little celebration just for her last night. It was a walk-in surprise for her with candles lited a path leading to the kitchen where she will discover her grilled salmon steak dinner with a 1999 vintage Moet bottle of champagne all waiting for her.

It was a great celebration night, but I also intended it to change her mind so that it will be more deserving and worthwhile to return/commute. I know it's hard to spend such a long time everyday on the train. Very daunting, believe me.

SKY
We've now got Sky Sat TV set up. Everything is going really well so far and I hope it stays afloat like this.

Territorial Army
Today, Tuesday (Sept 26), I will be checking out the Carleton Barracks for TA training. It will be on Tuesdays and twice a week. I reckon it will mostly be physical trainings and their program fits me best as I will be quitting gym membership at Esporta Sports Club (44£ per month). TA will pay me just about the same to volunteer!

Looking forward!

No comments: