Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Adobe Photoshop knows

Bank note loaded into Photoshop CS2 In an attempt to record, among other things, a memorable point such as photographing the hundreds of Euro bank notes in which I have just purchased for the first time, Adobe Photoshop CS2 seemed to have an edge in recognizing what sort of image is being loaded into its cache and/or memory.

As soon as I dragged the front and back files of a 50€ bill into Photoshop CS2, a pop-up appeared with a message before the image did prompting for my action. I found it rather amusing and was perplexed over the fact that "Omg! It knoowwwsssss............!!"

I was stunned for a couple of minutes before putting myself together again. Coincident? Clicked on the "Information" button and it took me to this website. You should check it out! I got more afraid. Got the feeling that I am being "watched"!! Invasion of privacy! etc. I couldn't type or do anything for crap but stared at my screen flabbergasted. I was like, "WTF?! How the frack did it know?!"

There could be many explanations for this but the one I came up with was the possibility that Photoshop CS2 would scan, examine, evaluate, and analyse patterns of all [digital] images and compare it (binary sequences) against some database that will trigger such a pop-up message if found to be a very likely possibility of a bank note.
... which all seems to be beyond the grains of my brains.

Wait a minute. If Photoshop CS2 knows, that would mean somewhere in the application's database there must exists all necessary information/data on bank notes. It has Euro's for sure! Somebody just needs to decipher and decrypt all those security barriers that I believe is in placed. If that is broken, hmm... imagine the possibilities. I'll first purchase some properties.

Bank notes with such message and an accurate information? I wonder if that's the only thing it will be flagged for. What will ACTUALLY happen if you load an ariel (as well as details of all sides) image of a military aircraft of, say, F-22 Lighting? Or a passenger carrier 747 Jumbo jet? Will a pop-up appear with the message:
"Adobe Photoshop:
This application does not support the acts of terror, and/or any activities related to terrorisms!

You can continue to open and edit this image but the FBI, CIA, and Home Security Office have been notified of your activities. For more information, select the Information button below for Internet-based information on Axis of Evil, Terrorism Act 2002, Anti-terrorism."?


Maybe one day... one fine day it will all come true. Intelligent, huh? Posted by Picasa

No comments: