Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The other side of me and HF


It was our last night in Rome, strolling along streets after streets, plaza's after plaza's, and finally got back to the famous oblong Piazza Nouvana. We observed an artist just finishing off his caricature artwork of a boy and it was quite funny.
I asked HF if she have had any caricatures or portraits of herself upon which she said no. Neither did I. I insisted that we should have one for ourselves but she hesitated. It would cost €20 for the both of us (€10 each) but the artist wanted us to have a good time so he decided to do one for us for €15.
He began drawing the "Beauty" first and when he's done, he said, "OKAY! Now the monster! Smile.... smile! Hokay, look there, not at me... Do you smoke? Because I want to put big cigar here", pointing his pencil to my lips on his art paper.
The "Monster" has my nose and made a pair of very Asiatic eyes to which I do not think I have. It's funny because my "Beauty" has become my perfect match in the outcome of the caricature. I look more like a mob boss!

No comments: