Friday, March 26, 2004

Glad I got this up and running for the first tiem. Never really have written any thing for the public to read so I'm not sure how this is going to turn out to be like.

Right now, I'm in the main library of University of Regina. These are some pictures of the place. I'm here for an interview. It was heck of a day today.

A view of the main library of the University of Regina



Got picked up by Hertz to collect the car I rented at 10:51 and left for Regina by 11:45. Arrived the city at 13:45 (i was speeding a little; just checking out the top speed and apparently it won't go any further than 170 clicks.) On average, i was running at 120 clicks.

Anyway, I found the Education building and I just realized I don't know where the session was suppose to be held. Before i panicked and thought that all my efforts made for this trip could be futile, I found myself asking around and it was a 1 hour search. Gone through 3 people (2 and half actually) but I have to thank Kristina Lee (from her accent, I could tell she's from Singapore) for helping me big time. She called and called so many people asking if they knew anything about Peppy Kidz Club. None of them knew anything! On the verge of giving up, she made one last call to this guy and she said and I quote, "Hello [name]! How was your day? ... Listen, I'm calling up to ask you if you have any information regarding Peppy Kidz Club because I'm helping out a gentleman here who is... " "YOU DO!?!!" That is such a relieve!! I was just about *this much (pressing thumb and last finger together) to giving up and heading home feeling useless! The one hour battle to know where the heck the room is is finally resolved! I KNOW it is somewhere in the Education bldg. of U o R. and also the first name of the person who is recruiting... David. Later I learn that his name is David McNeil! Good thing I can still trust my short term memory!
So the place is at Audio Visual Services: Screen Room C.

Been there, Done that! Now I need to find a place to stay.
It's now such a relief! After all that I've been through this afternoon, it's now all good. Tomorrow is the interview session. Today was just the information session where I caught a glimpse of what Japan is like and how is it like to live in Japan.

Signing out:
Terminal: Main library (U of Regina) archerly38
Time: : 21:17

No comments: