Thursday, June 23, 2005

Accidents happen

It was such a lovely sunny 33 centigrade day today. I must be out of my mind had I stayed indoor. As soon as I got up I got out from my room and headed out and soon enough when I swung the main door open the welcoming heat from outside enwraped my entire body almost immediately. I knew it's going to be a beautiful day, unlike the miserable days before.

Later, I got a phone call from Michelle from the JobCenter. She sounded amused and probably confused too when she lamented to me an accident that should never had happened. She was typing up my CV I submitted when she, for some unknown reason, accidently put my CV into the shredder! Did she just had her coffee break or booze break in mid-afternoon? Only minutes later did she realize that when she wanted to continue typing up. Funny experience. I thought to myself that my CV would be better off in the waste paper bin.

The other accident was a bad key. I was property viewing again today. There were 4 properties to view but only seen 3. The agent had made sure he had the correct keys and later that was confirmed. He tried putting the keys through again but somehow the 'thick' door just wouldn't obey. That was okay and he didn't stop apologising as he was so sure that the keys he had in his hand 'is' the key to that door because he showed people the same property yesterday with that key. So, then he showed me around and we ended up on the apartment's lawn, where a pretty English lass in her bikini were sleeping, hoping to surprise herself with a good tanned/burnt skin when she wakes up. Besides a crappy movable BBQ set in the lawn for everybody to use, that was it. No flowers or whatever sort. Just fresh looking green mowed lawn... with a girl on it.

We were at this other property on Burley Road when Mike, the agent guy, noticed his driver's side sidemirror got smashed (a four weeks old Peugeot 306). He was repetitively hollering "Focking shit!" while looking at the already damaged sidemirror in disbelief. The guy who hit his car drove by and I noticed him waving. He was honest enough to have driven back and explain that it was his fault. Everything then was okay. The painter is going to pay for it.
How often do you meet such honest people on the street?

We have watched Harold & Kumar a long time ago under the name of "White Castle". But the DVD version was just out recently and I rented it without knowing they're the same movie. Fortunately enough, I got a credit back on the 2-night rentals disc after explaining what happened to a young lass who works there. ;)

No comments: