Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Dedications

Nota Bene: Pseudonyms or nicknames have been coined herein and does not necessarily represents the the true and genuine character of the person in reference. The use of such pseudonyms or nicknames so coined is solely and mainly for the purpose of silly reminiscences that the author wishes to "remember as". In no such way within the paragraphs henceforth are to be interpreted as ostructive, insulting, derogative, and suspicious of the said or the like in quality. These has been written with clear consciences and with good intention. Enjoy.

I have had a long break since I left for Canada. I returned earlier than I expected as there were many other commitments to satisfy and errands to runs. Commitments like looking for summer employment whether temporary or permanent positions which will, hopefully, carry through during academic year. In that way, I wouldn't have to worry too much about cash shortages on affording some or little amenities. Maybe treating myself to a nice meal as a reward after having completed or accomplished something important (i.e. assignments/projects). Looking for a new place to move in is another commitment. The place I am living right now is not permanent. The Accomodation Office issued a notice some time ago that the place I'm living right now is going to be demolished by end of this year making way to erect another building on campus.

Well, that's that in summary briefly. My trip in Canada was a pleasant one, besides meeting the Queen of England at the Synchrotron of the University of Saskatchewan. I don't even get to see her in Buckingham Palace which is like four hours away from me. I was seated with her on First Class Air Canada AC001 May 18 LHR-YYC.
I have not actually told many people that I will be returning to Saskatoon May of this year. For that reason, I had the privilege to enjoy meeting friends and familiar faces again when they put on a face as though she/he is sensing a choke or respiratory failure gasping for air desperate upon the sight of me. I know, I was not suppose to be "there", like, right in front of (usually) her eyes. Keeping my cool, in my own ways I was calming them down saying stuffs like "hey, I'm real. you're not dreaming. I'm here in flesh and blood. Breathe... breathe in... breathe out... ."

Marzi, was one person particularly that has probably demonstrated most dramatically... because she is dramatic. and uh, very sensible. I was out on afternoon, it was miserably cloudy, on my in-line skates trying "walk" down memory lane as fast as I could. I tried to be as clumsy as much as I could NOT be and when I was on Cumberland Ave and almost to College Dr and still managing not to fall on the sidewalks nearest to the fields, I noticed a pair of arms waving sideways repetitively from the patio of Alexander's. Maybe, I said, Maybe (with full amount of truth) Marzi's face was too small in perspective-wise compared to where I was, I failed to realize who was waving at me. But I knew that person was some lass... "wooah, some girl noticed me? who is that? did I skate good? etc." were my thoughts. I crossed the road and suddenly there was no more perspective. It became clear to me who was "dat crazy girl who might be my biggest fan waving at me". She was like "Oh my god! Oh my gawd!" many many times. nah, just exaggerating. but, still.. a few times. Like, hello?? Thanks for the unassuming exhilaration. It was real fun.

Next was Jill M, at a bar called 'something' and Yard on Broadway (Was it Lanigan and Yard??). I was with Matt (rocket scientist) and my biggest fan. I met Matt from AIESEC like two years ago. Met Jill M three years ago in Sutherland bar where the pub crawl ended. She was with her friends Kate (Korean) and Kurt F. That night would seemed like a long night for Kurt F when he got into a pub brawl. Sobering Kurt F and this other drunk idiot were trying to trade punches but held back by people. I dont know how it all got started out but Jill got in the way in her attempt to stop the senseless brawl by trying to negotiate? What's she thinking? But I have to give her credits for her bravery and her actions. Unfortunately, when in between the two parties, the other person with barbaric behavior kicked Jill and she probably tripped and fell on to the ground. Kate and I was there witnessing everything from how it started to the end. Kate couldn't do anything as she cried immediately. Poor her. It must definitely been very frightening and I would not disagree. I had to do something. Stop Kate from crying or pull Jill out from danger. I chose the latter. We lost Kurt F. The last thing we heard of him was that the bar had called the cabs and sent them (the trouble-makers) home.
So, Jill M, gave me her yardstick... never to go bar again. Lets call her Sniffer. poop!
OK. OK. I walked past her table and I heard somebody called my name. A very familiar unerring voice -- soft-spoken, silly or rather clumsy. I turned to look over my left shoulder and I noticed medussa hair style. Then... a face that tells me a name... Sniffer. That was really a pleasant surprise.

Next was Kurt F, at the main library, with his ladyfriend Stacey. I gave myself a heart-attack when I saw him... not him to me. He either went bald (as in making a fashion statement) or balding. O, right... it's was just his unambiguous hair-lining..."that seems to be re-ce-ding". This was the trouble-maker guy that I exchanged roles with as I went like "iz zhat you, kurt??" However, in reality he doesn't make troubles at all. it's me. ;)

As for Kate, we arranged a meet-up at Alexander's. We became very good friends because of troublemaker's brawl that night that year. Kate is always seen happy and all smiling excitedly about something, if there was, but otherwise about you... being the person she's happy to see. Lets call her Ecstacy. Sniffer and Ecstacy are best of friends. I am Poop to Sniffer. I guess it wouldn't take a "Rocket Scientist" to know that the combination of these three elements spells out trouble with a capitalized "t". It's true, when Poop is around Sniffer and Ecstacy, there are just more oozes in our jokes and we sometimes are just troublemakers to other "industrious" students at the library, eh?
Well, naturally, I'm always glad to see Ecstacy. She should be a dosage for life. "Twice daily, before/after meal. No prescription needed. In case of emergency, dunk 'em down yer throat" *winks* I can't publicly annouce in details our special connection.

Friends I have have ran into and have shared their moments perpetuated with me are, not in order, Reza, troublemaker, Daniel Cheung, Poh K.H., Kate, Sally Zhao, Jill M, Marzi, Vincent, Tianni, Francesca Wang Yajun, Cindy (China), Korean Ricky Martin (nicknamed by his peers during ESL at William's Building 2-3 years ago), Eric Hoole, Mohamed the Yemeni who ran into me in Arts 143 computer lab, Professor Bishopp, Professor Huq, Scott, The Queen of England, and 5-7 more whose name have regretably sank into the abyss of my head.

Throughout my little adventures of walking down memory lane reminiscing the events that happened as I trail forward and
onwards, I soon realise that I am extending this very lane with little surprises that makes my visit even more memorable.

A very important note to you, my friends, is that my so-called 'memorable visit' would not have been able to afford itself the worthy and glamor, the sweetness and the perpetuity of these shimmering words...without you. Just you... the person you are.

*there are most to write. give me time*

No comments: