Saturday, June 18, 2005

Guess My Best Mess

Yess!At the least I can only feel the entire world's burden is on one of my shoulders refusing to be patted off. Still, the hassles of looking for a new place, getting a job, keeping busy with something constructive, earning some money, getting a car but have to look for one first, and just in... fixing my broken desktop.

However, as I am writing this down, I just realize that looking for a suitable place to move into is of utmost priority, then comes the job and car, and the rest just follows. There is but a conflict of thought as when I supposed I already have found a new place in this big city, I need some kind of transportation to move stuffs into. As provocative as the thought of having my own car as it is attractive for convenience serving us, without a job and a driver's licence, these are still an arm's length away from my grasp.

There are just too many call-centres jobs in town but I am not particularly interested. Since the product of my time and efforts is income in which will turn things which I cannot afford around and make them affordable, I can't help convincing myself "Why not?"

Currently, the most do-able mess I can clean up is the driver's licence part. DVLA has a lot of information regarding this. It will cost £38 for the application and some amount of money for the theoretical examination and then another sum for practical test. I hope I won't be spending more than a hundred pounds just for that. There are too many, I think, unnecessary bureaucratic hurdles for any and such applications. Perhaps there are just too many criminal masterminds in England that pushed the government to a corner with no other better choices but to ensure that every level of any applications the identity of the applicant is thoroughly checked and confirmed by a third party. This may not be true but at least this summarised thought is what I got.

It will be Father's Day this Sunday for the rest of the world, and I think that includes here. Don't I remember we already have Father's Day and a Mother's day here? If I was correct, then this is the only place I know that celebrates such occasion twice in a year.

1 comment:

Good4u said...

Seems you have a lot of worries. At least we'll help you with moving your stuff when it comes to that. Take care;) T.