Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sun Fun

I was greeted with gloomy cloudy skies when I first opened my curtains. Should we still head off to downtown to run some errants and to treat ourselves to a couple of life's niceties? Since it wasn't really pleasant outside, I decided to take a final look at my computer system.

After having been at tech-savvy forums and tried out several things suggested by tech gurus, still nothing seems to work. I have even popped in a new graphic card into the AGP slot but still, no display. That could only mean that my previous graphic card may be running flawlessly. What, then, could just be the problem? I am going to try to change the mainboard either tomorrow or in two days and hopefully I could scream to life with the machine.

I checked outside again by taking a peek through a gap left by the curtain and could see a hint of blueness in the skies. I couldn't believe it. I got up in excitement and pulled the entire curtain out of my way and in deed, those misery causing clouds subsided in just 15 minutes. I could already see strong shadows of leaves and branches casted by the strong sun light. You betcha we're going downtown.

We checked out the cinema and decided to watch Mr & Mrs Smith at 17:15. I was made £9.00 worsed off for the tickets but two things happened that balanced things out. First, our very late lunch/early dinner was a tremendously fulfilling experience at the Nando's Restaurant. I called in a full plater of whole peri-peri chicken with medium hot-ness. Actually, I asked the cashier who was taking my order to gave me an idea what might "hot" and "extra hot" be. She torn 2 small pieces of naan bread and dipped each into the "hot" and the "extra hot" sauce and passed the former to me for my dossage. Mmmm... deliciously. I decided to make it "hot" when the "hotness" struck. She looked at me and offered the other piece of naan with "extra hot" sauce and I'm like, "can't you see??". But I declined politely... and changed my mind and made my order to "medium". The platter came and IT WAS A HUGE PLATTER!! For £14.95, it was all worth it even though I have to admit it was too much for me and HF. At the end of it all, we wished we had the "hot chick". For couples, I think I would recommend going for the hot 1/2 peri-peri chick, unless you were born to defy your stomach.

Second, the movie is worth the time and money. Out of 10 I would have rated it an 8 although I have to admit something is missing in the story line. Angelina Jolie is totally sexed up. I love the scene where they both tried to kill each other in their home and later worked things out. [I] won't try to be a spoiler now but will definitely recommend the movie (if you have nothing better to do). I'm dying to watch Madagascar, which is not released in the UK yet. Geez, and they call themselves to be on top of everything?

No comments: