Tuesday, June 21, 2005

When size & space matters

I got a chance to view several prospective properties to move into today and I am quite dismayed at the sizes of each single bedroom (studio) flats/properties ranging between £400 and £550.

Generally, the studio flats are self-contained with the living hall as bedroom, and the kitchen and bathroom is annexed to the lounge. Otherwise, it would be one way or the other. With a double bed already in the lounge, there wouldn't be much space remaining for a set of settee (2 seater or a 3 seater) as a fairly small study desk already occupies a small portion of the area.

The verandahs and stairways are mostly narrow such that only a person is able to pass through one at a time until the part where you turn to climb another flight of stairs.

A 2 bedroom units or more will not differ much from the basic single units as one just have to imagine multiplying them. If I am a claustrophobic I would have then easily taken my phobic levels to the heavens above; thankfully I am not. I bet a lot of student letting properties here in Leeds will definitely be a nightmare for people with such phobias.

I'm really planning to get as close to the city centre as possible but within a radius of 10-15 minutes walk from Leeds train station. The law department will be moving to that proximity. If successful, everything else will be ideally good.

The property I had the chance to view has quite a good reputation for security and safety. Transportation issues like bus frequencies and links are not an issue at all.

----------

On to my computer system, I have not made any reparation attempts today.

No comments: