Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Greek Grills & Food

WARNING: Not suitable for vegetarians!


We connected our flight in Amsterdam and I did not want to leave the land of many delightful Cheeses. It was, for a moment, a paradise for me -- just like Scrat who got sent to Nuts heaven in Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. in Amsterdam. As much as I regret I had to forsake my fictitious paradise and arrived at the land famed for only one cheese -- Feta cheese! Unbelievable! How can people survive by consuming only one type of cheese in their lifetime?! (just exaggeration)

Anyhoo... I digressed too far.
The Greeks seem to have almost everything they eat grilled. Tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and what not are skewered with other meats to be placed on the grill. It's the perfect place for me... love grilled food! I thinking of purchasing a BBQ grill soon... this is what traveling has made me into.

For larger size, click here"Everything else belongs to the government! But at least I know I belong to my wife" Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGrilled squid, otherwise known as Greek style calamari. Must try. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGreek's traditional Moussaka (μουσακάς). It's very appetizing! Don't leave Greece without trying this. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGrilled succulent lamb meat. It's not just meat, it's Thomas Grill lamb meat! Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereFava. It is absolutely delicious and a specialty of Santorini. Taste very much like the Indian's Dahl. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGrilled mussels with, uhh, tomato sauce? I'm not too sure but they are lovely! I know, everything is lovely at this point but the ARE really, really nice! Trust me!. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGrilling octopus! Yeah, it's OCTOPUS! Fresh from the Mediterranean Sea! It is a delicacy peculiar to Greece, but best from the islands. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereGrilled little fishes. Looks like anchovies but they're not. We look into the waters (the Mediterranean sea) we actually saw these exact same fishes swimming in there while I was busy enjoying another piece in my hands! Posted by Picasa

No comments: