Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Having it the Greek way

I am not sure if I should be embarrassed to admit that there is actually more than two ways to enjoy a slice of bread as opposed to the conventional way of plain butter or with cheese (mmmmhh...! Cheese!!)

Many a times we were served four slices of bread without butter whenever we ate out in sit-in restaurants. I was rather confused as to how would I have the bread. There are butter in Greece. I always had my bread with butter every morning served by the hotel. But why was there not butter (those peel-open ones) in the bread's basket?

When I asked for one, the Waitress looked rather surprised that I asked for one.
W: "No butter. Olive oil. Very good. No butter. You wait." (in Greek accent)
She brought it over and placed it on my side of table.
I looked really puzzled.
W: "Okay. You watch."
She did what she had to do to show me how the Greeks have it. I quickly learned and enjoyed it very much! Here's how to have it the Greek way for your bread.

For larger size, click hereYou need some Extra Virgin Olive oil and salt ready to enjoy the baguette or french bread the Greek way. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click herePour over some olive oil onto your slice. You don't want to soak up your loaf of bread in olive oil bath so be reasonable. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereSprinkle some salt over it for some flavor as butter are usually slightly salted. Posted by Picasa


For larger size, click hereEnjoy! *drooling* Posted by Picasa

No comments: