Saturday, April 17, 2004

A new revelation

I was awaken by Kendra's call at 09:30 who was just returning a call for her on Monday night at 22:30, which was me right after exam. Then I thought about my plan for today and for the rest of summer as I shower. Gone downtown with Eelynn and I had 2 rolls of films for developing prints. Cost me 29$ by Black's Photography and that is !@#%ing expensive for 2x24exposures! Initially I thought that's stupid as I could have had the same quality prints from Photolab for under 5$ (plus tax) per roll. There's something good about it though. The person printing pictures actually "criticize" your photos and if s/he likes it will adhere a little sticky that reads "Great Shot!! We'll take 2$ off when you re-print a 8"x10" I had like 3 of these. The revelation is not that I realized how good a photographer I am, but... how ambitious I can be.

So, I was suppose to be working on a website for ESS (Economics Student's Society) and is scheduled to be done by May. But I think my department's website deserves a much better revamp than creating a new website for the society I was involved in for over 2 years now. The department's website will be my biggest project and I intend to make it more presentable, if not already as presentable as, the other colleges in the University. If you'd take a look at Agriculture's website, Drama department, etc. you'll be astonished at how each vary from one to another. Then take a look again at our department's website. If shame is a forbidden feeling, then I am totally disappointed at the web-developer who made that website for us when he has made much more good-looking website for others. I took a peek in his portfolio. His work really made our department "bad" at least limited to my opinion.

I'm going to put my best and all I know in it. I'm going to teach myself XML, XHTML, and Javascript to accomplish the project too. Although I dislike Economics as much as I have studied it for at least 3 years, I think this will be some generous offering I can give to my department. Hm, maybe I should impose a fee on them and it will be called as an "incentive contributions" to working on the project. *winks*

Will begin looking for a job too. No revelation on this one yet.
I got my new Canon EF 75-300mm IS USM lens today. It's totally a cool lens!!

No comments: