Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Chonchinita Pibil

Hello friends,

I have made Puerco Pibil (a.k.a. chonchinita pibil) for the second time and could be the last time because the coffee grinder in which I used to grind the ground spices is broken in the hands of Eelynn. But that doesn't mean she broke it. It could have been a defective grinder and I wasn't aware of the low quality item.

This time I had the Mexican girls come over my place to have the slow-cooked pork marinaded in tequila and other spices. All of them were excited and saw their native cuisine in disbelief in Canada... not to mention Saskatoon, the place where no one really knows a lot of. My brother was invited too and he just loved it. Their compliments to my fine art cooking (hehehe... just kidding, but seriously....) were never ending. I guess I am as elated as them because I have made a whole lot of people happy.

After that, I did shoot some portraitures of them individually. Will post them here once I get them developed. It was all good today, this evening. I'm good too. They snooped through my entire photo album and just love the pictures of China. I was there with my mom and brother in 1999.

No comments: