Sunday, November 28, 2004

South Parade Baptist Church

Alfred (杨划) and Michelle (奘静) and myself walked 15 minutes to the South Parade Baptist Church in Headingly this evening and met up with Calvin (小龙)at the gate of the church. Mike came by and met with us and invited us in. It was then just 18:35 and we were just in time for worship.

The interior of the church is beautiful and well-litted. There is a huge pipe organ against the altar, and windows are colorfully tinted. Marvelous!

Although I haven't been to church for already quite some time now, I still have not forgotten how to sing the songs during praise and worship session. They're mostly Hillsongs' praise & worship, which are great! I felt very comfortable and at home. The musicians are mostly young people and they are awesome! There, Alfred, Michelle, and Calvin witness baptism (洗礼)for the first time and as for me, the short and perhaps humorous (because the pastor is funny) served to remind me who was/is my first love and my commitment to Christ Jesus.

After the service, Sophie (of Nottinghom) tapped my right shoulder from behind and we had a good chat. We've met many times from Global Cafè, on Fridays, gatherings of international students.

Tonight, my soul has been fed. I'm satisfied. Next week, and the following weeks to come, I think that will be the dining place for my soul. Finally, I've found a church!

No comments: