Monday, November 01, 2004

Fugitive of commitment

Although I have been pursued by a girl before, this time is a little wee bit different. It's one that I found it difficult to accept because the situation is different from the first one.

I am not really familiar with Sally WSZ as we have just met not long ago. Could have been about a week now and she said on Friday, when I made her talk her heart(s) out, that she have feelings for me since the day she met me. I was utterly shocked mixed with the feelings of surprise and happiness. Am I not the ugly duckling as the old fable goes? Was it already time that that ugliness is gone? Hah! Thoughts of a pessimistic and a low self-esteemed person. However, that's not the case.

Somebody likes me and have feelings for me that she couldn't help thinking of me, couldn't sleep, couldn't properly eat; whatever she does involves me in some ways. Not knowing her enough is already a terrifying, petrifying, mortifying thought. What more to those?! Sure, my friends tell me it's cool and that I'm lucky to have "found" love. But the issue is that I did not "find" love, she did, and I do not want to feel obliged to comply.

Over the week, she has been very persistence to get my attention. She cooks for my friends (which she never does) and indirectly hinted to leave some for me. Anyway, the list can go on.. and on... to even staying in her room, with lights out watching Sex and the City, and Friends. *gags!* No, i don't watch those stuffs although I like it and find them interesting to watch occassionally. She's leading me to mislead her in ways I cannot comprehend. She's aggressive in her pursuit, this I know.

Apart from all that's happening to me, the reason, ah, the reason I cannot comply is partly because of my current situation. I'm a bloody English Law student that don't have much time to spare. (lol! it's not that bad, actually). This is the only situation I am not really sure how I should handle "with care".

Can you love a person whom you do not know? Some would say yes, others like me would be more inclined to say no... but would still consider the possibilities of a "yes". She's reaching out for me and I'm afraid to bridge out that gap between us. I'm running away. I'm a fugitive of love, commitment, and relationship.

Ultimately, in my mind I have decided to stay as friends.

No comments: