Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Today's reflection

I have begun think think this period of my life could have been the worst. I thought adaptation and assimilation should not be something to be concerned about as I have not encountered any difficulities during my first few months in Canada. I have had much problems and depression is certainly a new one. Being in the ligth of all these problems, I just want to go back to where I feel more belong, to where things are relatively more normal, to where people are much nicer? to where roads are much broader, to where I won't get killed when I look left for cars, to where it snows 35cm overnight, to where it gets -40 centigrade by February, etc.

There have been too much complaints about my life here that I think I'd be better off not being here. I had a nightmare last night about me not wanting to study law because law books are filled with gossips and i was the character who hates gossips. I got up and my mind kept pounding in the question: "Should I continue?? doing law!?"

A warm shower drains the nightmare off, but the complianing-dirts still adhere. Somehow, somewhere in me I have sort-of benchmarked Canada as the best place to live.

---
Received news today that the Law Department has plans to move from the current Beckett Park to the City Campus in July 2005 as ordered by the Vice Chancellor. If it does, that means I will have to find a new accomodation in downtown. Bad news for me... I hate moving around. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: