Saturday, December 04, 2004

Re: Bargains.exe

Bargains.exe & CashBuddy.exe are one of the most annoying and intrusive spywares on the net. Others may include MySearchNow or Searchbar, or HotBar, and the like. Names may vary with little difference to another but you would definitely be able to recognize it as spyware.

Speaking on bargains.exe, I have tried many, many methods to get rid of it for good but to no avail. Everytime my machine is rebooted, bargains.exe (and BullsEye Network) folder will be recreated automatically. It's situated in C:\Program Files\BullsEye Network\ . This remains true even though registry keys are deleted and no traces of any files and/or keys related to it.

I decided to run its 'Uninstall'. It, however, needs to get online so I allowed it. I suspected that it has created another folder for another advert agent spying on my machine (I noted the time the folder was created). Promptly, I removed it and rebooted.

It's gone! Hopefully, forever! Looking in disbelief, I rebooted 5 times, and 5 times there is NO bargains.exe running in the processes, NO BullsEye Network folder... when I should. Thank heavens!

The problem is thus, solved!

No comments: