Sunday, July 11, 2004

A Photographer's day out

... with Claudia. She's a very quiet, sweet and undoubtedly innocent looking girl. She calls herself "冷血人之家", which means "The [chaotic] cold blooded person"; as the name would suggest a serious [but down to earth] person, to see a smile from her is to see flowers blossoming to maturity during the end of winter. I am certainly one person who was taken away from her mesmerizing smiles-- the elixir of love. Unfortnately, I could have failed to capture every of that moment as far as I can remember. She doesn't reproduce her expressions on demand or on request. From what she dresses today, I can probably tell that she's quite shy with her god-endowed looks but at the same time, bold enough to try out various posing positions as I request. Ackward feelings invoked within me as I explored into new areas posing of glamour photography but with casual outfits. We all had fun... under the hot afternoon's sun from 14:10 to right now, 18:00. My, my my, am I getting dark already. Once again, she has been fun to work with and I look forward for another opportunity.

First roll of film is on slide film and it is my first time shooting slides. It is the best out there and there are, of course, many many advantages over 35mm negative films. The second 36 exposures is on B&W, which will give out a more artistic value as oppose to color. I am about to find out which of these two will stand out best. Wayman was there to helped me out and I must admit that he has been very useful to today's success photo-shooting. Although a mere reflector guy, if all the photos turned out to be excellent then I will have to buy him a house as a big thank you. hmm, a cup of Blizzard from the house of diary products, DQ. I'm pretty sure the 3 of us enjoyed our time out there today. All photos were shot on campus; the slide film was used mostly for outdoor photos while the other, indoor. We'll have to wait for at least a week to see the results.

As I was shooting for hours earlier, I cannot deny the fact the job of a photographer (especially when he is starting fresh) can be quite taxing. I don't consider myself as one, yet, although I would like to. Right now I'm just enjoying my hobby and this could probably be the reason why I found today's "work" is demanding. Where does all these lead to? Well, lets see. At the moment, I have no intentions of getting noticed professionally so I'll just do what I do best in giving and making good pictures. Communications, humbleness or was it meekness, generousity, understanding of the line of work, patience, and along with other positive morals are some of the few values to be observed even more thoroughly as a photographer, as a person?? Anyway, I don't really know waht I am saying here so I'll just leave at it.

Once again, a big hug to Claudia and Wayman. You guys have been great! More pictures to be posted up here soon.

No comments: