Saturday, May 22, 2004

And she was gonna cry...

Since mom's arrival things has been a little wee bit different. I gave up the comfort of my bed to my mother so I can sleep on the floor with a camping mat with 3 pieces of pillows on it for cushioning and a head pillow. Clothes hanging everywhere the hangers can hang on to.

Yesterday, Friday, lazed around in my room with practically nothing to do. Later in the afternoon, I decided to walk down to Student's Health Center to get a check up on my left arm again and be advised explicitly and learned that the rotary cuffs were torn. The beautiful blond doctor has doctored me in both ways. She was unsure whether one or more rotary muscles were torn and after many simple diagnosis our doctor-patient ordeal were concluded. What a relief! At least I know what went wrong in my arm. At Medi-clinic on Circle Drive and 8th Street, I knew nothing and thus, was uncomfortable until yesterday.

Mother was certainly on a shopping mood, not for herself, but for both my brother and I. I couldn't recount the number of times she went in a shop and mentioned what she was interested in or more like what she was looking for and told the sales girl why she was getting it. My family will be attending my convocation on May 26th. I feel proud to be around her especially these time when she has every reasons to brag about her son(s). I figured that that is what mother's do. Those many days of toil in the past has finally paid back when she can step back and look at her son, sigh a relief, and brag constructively. The way I am today is partly (or at most) molded from the long boring naggings of a failtful, loyal, patient, meek & humble, enduring, and generous mother. And I know she was gonna cry... when she would hear all these.

I bought a coat and a shirt and tie. I supported mom's idea that dad has to pay for all these because he has never bought one ever for us (my brother and I). Furthermore, I could also use it for future job interviews after wearing it to the May 26th's convocation. Sounds cunning and witty but I couldn't reject the idea mother suggested. hehe.

Dad called at last. We did not know where his whereabouts as he was suppose to arrive with his friend, Simon Ignatious, 20th. I learn that he, dad, rented a car from Vancouver and drove to Calgary. He rang me up at 21:19 (Saskatoon's time) when he was 1.5hrs away from the city. The thought of 2 old (well, not that old) men still have some sense of thrills of adventure seeking. When I asked why, "There's nothing to be seen when you fly" was the answer. I'm like, yeah right, what are you going to see during the night when the skies are already dark?! It has been 28 years since dad last stepped on this land, Canada. So, I think he was really excited to want to drive down his memory lane. My mother, on the other hand, thinks dad is out of his mind to even try that after a long haul. Well, they just arrived from Malaysia.

Went out for bubble tea with Albert P. and 3 of us. We missed out the Miss Venus Bikini model search contest at Shockwaves on 8th street. Kendra called me up this morning and I knew she won and was excited to tell me about it. I was right. She won and is going to Florida and will receive other prizes all totalling up to 10,000$ US. One lucky girl! I could hear she was almost crying her hearts out. I know, she's just overwhelmed and elated about the news that she did not even expect. I am lucky too, well, in a sense that I'm worthy to be the person to know she won and she told me personally. Expressed her feelings how she won and how she did it. It's wonderful! She's wonderful!

1 comment:

Snkillerbeast said...

Wassap!!

Hahah Kendra won?? not the sister meh?? Wahh..
Neways tell her I said congrats...
ANd if you want kao her lar..hahha
But must improve on your dance! hahah!
Ok bye!