Thursday, May 20, 2004

I found Alderamin. She's b-e-a-utiful!

This might sound crazy but a friend of mine we went out at 1 in the morning to the University's fields on Cumberland Avenue North just to star-gaze. There were not as many stars as the nights during camping last week. Alderamin is a star not too distant from Polaris, using little Bear's bottom's edge as guide. Imagining a linear line across from little bear (ursa minor), we'll see a constellation that looks like a kite. I'm short of words to describe this experience and I truly apologize. During this time my eyes gazed into the heavens, I noticed a shooting star from the corner of my left eye as I looked southeast. We were lying on the fields equipped with a constellation map, a pen-knife flash light, and a DPSS green laser pointer. Finally, I actually used this appropriately rather than distracting cyclists and pedestrians on sidewalks during the night. hehe! Could be fun, as well as dangerous to them. I sold it and shipped it off today. Im going to miss using it. Pointing a star or a constellation have never been easier with it. We saw almost 7 moving stars. It's hard to point out with your fingers but with it, its beam is so visible during the night and only realized it's an aircraft flying about 35,000 feet above us. My friend was like, hey, don't point to it. Pilots may get distracted and crash the plane down. The laser can only go up to 5000feet, hello?!

It's sucha nice day out today. Didn't want to get bored sitting at home staring at the computer screen so I decided to go out skating. Went to look for my brother who was not home so I headed on to Brunskill Junior High school for a nice gravel to skate on. Tried a trick move and I was moving fast; fell down 3 times. The first two on my bump, and the last one sent me to a clinic for an X-ray scan on my left arm. Apparently, it was a sprain and thank God it wasn't dislocated or the like. Now, I'm typing with a sling over my neck. The anti-inflammatory / pain-killer prescribed to me has some very horrifying side-effects. You don't want to hear it. So do I. Don't wanna get stomach-ulcers, burn my oesophagus, nausea, etc. sigh! I bet mom will be shocked when she arrives tomorrow at 16:38. hehe. This sling will definitely create a lot of attention.
Like Kendra said, it's not that you're ADD or LOA, but you're merely enjoying the attention you get. By the way, ADD and LOA is the abbreviation for Attention Deficit Disorder and Lack of Attention respectively.

I stumbled upon a poem posted (not written) by a blogger who is from Malaysia. I find this guy is quite articulated and quite talented in writing indeed. The poem is about smile. Enjoy!

A smile cost nothing, but gives much.

It enriches those who receive,
without making poorer those who give.
It takes but a moment,
but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it,
and none is so poor but that he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
fosters good will in business,
and is the countersign of friendship.
It brings rest to the weary,
cheer to the discouraged,
sunshine to the sad,
and is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen,
for it is something that is of no value to anyone
until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
Give them one of yours,
as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

Smiles! think positively! Take care and get well soon, danny!

No comments: