Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A day of mixed feelings

Today officially marks the beginning of the most awaited day or perhaps season of the entire year by at least everyone, but me. *sobs!* I miss winter! Summer kicks in today; there better be warmer days ahead but the hope of warmer days didn't seem so promising with rainy clouds to start with today. The earth must have been crazy. Perhaps Saskatoon itself, eh?

It looks like I have acquired this habit of sleeping at ungodly hours and waking up at noon time for the past month already. I got up just in time to walk over to the Royal University Hospital (RUH) for a scheduled Ultrasound scan appointment at 12:30noon. I was all dressed up and ready to go by 12:20 when I flipped my Sony Clie SJ-22 to check which floor am I suppose to be. Heavens strucked my oblivious state off when my organizer showed me the place I was suppose to go was not the RUH but Saskatoon's Imaging Center on Bedford's Square. Now, where is Bedford's Square? I didn't want to be late to try to remember where Bedford's Sqr. is. Immediately I rang up for a cab and arrived to Bedford's Sqr., a very familiar place I've frequented for some bubble/pearl tea. It is on 8th Street!

When I was at the clinic's reception desk to register myself, I was asked to produce the note Dr. Ansell gave me. Oh fuck! I must have forgotten as I left in a hurry. I got in anyway. The nurse who is a blonde chic named Michelle, told me to take off my shirt and sit beside her. Oh wow! *wild thoughts running around; but within the confines of the room. She closed the door behind us and dimmed off the lights. I'm like, this is sooo.... not happening!! Stop it, Danny!! What are you thinking?! Okay. She squirted some gooey Ultrasound gel on my naked left shoulder and picked up the scanning device and motioned on my shoulder bone-arm. I could see a baby!! It is a girl!!!! Nah! I mean, I will not be normal if there was really another being growing in my hurting shoulder! It was just amazing how these Ultrasound scans work! Michelle picked up some gel onto the scanning device and pressed lightly on the front of my shoulder and while rubbing in circular motion she's observing the monitor with me. The images are, unfortunately, not colored. Of course, I expected that. The entire session lasted for about 10 minutes. Now, behind the chair I seated is a bed. It didn't take me long enough to realize that it's primarily for expecting mothers. duhh!!

My brother and mom were doing some groceries at Superstore. I met up with them. Collected some photos of my graduation as well as my recent "camping weekend" in Scott. As I looked through the 35 prints, I was kinda disappointed when I saw the picture 'Jillian Morgan' and I posed in the Arts tunnel on the 26th of May. Not very nice and I had the most ackward pose of all. Then I thought about it for a while and wondered if she was offended. Maybe we were physically too close to one another? Felt shitty and embarrassed and couldn't bare to take another look. The convocation pictuers didn't turn out all that good either. The auditorium was dim, the film's speed was a ISO 100, and the distance from the photographer to the stage where I received my degree was as far back and high as the auditorium could get. Although my family and I did go to campus for some more photo shooting, the weather then wasn't all that pleasing either. I could just heave a heavy sigh of giving up right now to realize I have lost an opportunity of a lifetime. It should be temporal though. It's just that things on that day did not go as I wished them to be. However, I should just pat myself on my back and convince myself that I am at least fortunate enough to have my parents over to celebrate this late convocation with me. My other friends whose parents couldn't afford to come to celebrate with their only daughter/son. Worst yet, one even had to borrow a camera from her friend to commemorate her convocating day. So Dann, you're fine. It's okay when things didn't go the way you want them to be sometimes. It's not that your expectation levels were too high, but this is the time when you learn how to tolerate with others, things, and especially yourself! So, be cool!

When my brother graduate next year, he's gonna be my center of attention! I hope he allows my glamour shots! hehe!

Bought a book from McNally's Robinson on Photoshop and found out it's kind of not worth up to its value (25.99$). It came with a CD and I'm not quite certain if I should return it... is it returnable?

Chatted and video-conferrenced with Priscilla G. today. Feelings of guilt lingered in and around me when she first messaged me in MSN messenger because I haven't finished reading it and I did slacked off for a few days. As soon as I knew it was her messaging me, I'm like oh-uh! is she going to ask me about the paper that I'm suppose to proof-read and I'm like only three-quarter done? The conversation went kinda cute though and I thought I was snaking my way out of it. But no, it was funny! Then mom came to the rescue by yelling "dinner is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come and eat your Egg pocket!!"

Egg Pocket, mom's new creative creation. T'was good. I'm gonna steal the recipe from my mother and make it for my own (well, later I'll make it for friends) till perfection. Like the Americans, they steal ideas and make it better and claim ownership on it. Thankfully Im only quasi-American.

Felt like someone was insinuating me. Maybe I am just overly sensitive. I should just put up with a Alex-type A behavior--don't give a fuxk about anything. It'd be different for me, change the "anything" to certain things

Happy Summer holidays! Enjoy your summer, dear readers!

No comments: