Friday, June 04, 2004

Falling in & Falling out

Being single in a foreign land can be an interesting one. I have been in love, deeply in love with a woman who is 2 years my senior and I thought to myself, "This is it! She's the person! My search ends here" Too soon have I said and convinced myself of that. Too soon I began to realize a part of her that radiates discomfort to my sensitive heart. I fell out of love. She is no longer the one. Although I dread the thought of this reality, time has not healed my horrific discovery. How can I be wrong? Things were wonderful but they are so different now. Nothing I can do. I am trying to unlearn a belief that I held on so strongly that the love I have showered on a person will return eventually. Perhaps this belief has a time period in which it can be true but lapsed when her age catches on?

Meeting people on campus and on the streets is one helluva adventure. Should I be falling in love again? Or should I learn not to be afraid of falling out of love? Perhaps both clearly states to me to get on with life and not sit here deciding which path to take on.

2 comments:

Snkillerbeast said...

Lemme give you a hint Danny boy boy..you're still young..there's plenty a time ahead of you..so why not, take me advice..sit here...and lovingly...love everyone! Like me! Peace out dude!

shutterblogs said...

I have been, in case you haven't noticed.