Friday, September 24, 2004

The inflammed throat...

I couldn't lie in bed anymore knowing that I will wake up in another 2 hours just to clear my throat. It has been like that for the entire night. Having short bursts of sleeps like that gave me a shock when I realized in the middle of the night around 5am-ish eye-bags developed.

Pulled myself out of bed and headed off to catch the 9 o'clock bus at the gate to see a nurse at the Student Health Centre.

"Ouff! You've got a very nasty throat infection! I'll get you to see a doctor right away", the nurse commented while having the flat wooden stick in my mouth and flash light in her other hand.

Now that was a relieve to know that it's an infection. To get me to see a doctor right away was even better and not wait for 1 or 2 days like I've experienced in Canada

So, what was the infection all about? How did I get it?
I was told that's a virus infection and that's probably why I'm getting runny nose, and soreness of my neck. The cure?

"Just walk into any Chemist and you need to purchase Paracetemol. That is all you need to do".

Paracetemol is the drug's name used in products like Advil, Panadol, Tylenol (?). They are also pain-killers and anti-bacterial drugs.

I should be fine.
I should have a date tomorrow. ;)

Cheers!

No comments: