Monday, September 27, 2004

A taste of LL.B (Hons)

Here I am in James Graham building where the main library resides. Just right in front of JG bldg is an open grass area like that of The Bowl at the University of Saskatchewan. While the Leeds Metropolitan University is not the same as U o S, they called the said open area as The Acreage. Haven't I mentioned this before. I shall have a picture of the campus' surroundings soon so that you will have an idea.

Often we do see law graduates with LL.B placed after their names but have you ever wondered what it actually meant? I have and I found out that the double L's would sometime accounts for Legal Letters in the United States. But otherwise, it is an abbreaviation in latin for the plural legum (of laws); thus, LL.B stands for Legum Baccalaureus

So, there you go. That's what I'll get when hell's over for me... at least for the next 2-3 years or could it be 3-4 years? I hope it won't take forever.

Today's seminar/session was rather an interesting one. We discussed about contracts; whether if there was a contract or any form of agreement between the parties involved. They're rather basic but it's set to get us prepared for the real thing next week. We will have to produce a research paper or a dissertation, if you rather call it, by year end.

There's no way out of scrutinizing the library for books and law journals with cases dating 300 years old. I guess spoon-feeding in class is not a trend here like it is in Canada. Somehow our lecturer made a journal sound so interesting that it is a must read and we'll lose out and/or fail the course if we don't because she's gonna assess us with its contents. Sounds like an assignment! I guess that's normal!

Ah, my throat. My poor throat. My itching body full with rashes from a probable over-dosage of paracetemol. I think, no, I am sensing it's on its way to recovery. It's no longer a painful ordeal to moisten up (or down) me throat and that's a good sign. Phlegms that I throw out are mostly bloody in color that for a moment I thought my throat's punctured and blood from blood vessels tinted the ugly slimy yucky looking residue.

So, that's it for now. I shall bore you out with my lame stories that might be useful to only me, myself, and I 20 years down the road; or when I'm no longer around. ;) Long live Dannaayy!! Drink more beers and you live longer!

1 comment:

shutterblogs said...

Looking back the the number of years I have spent abroad 3-4 years from now, I wouldn't think I'd see myself having an employment in Malaysia not because my prospects are unwanted but perhaps my lifestyles are more suited outside the borders of Malaysia. But you've been very helpful for the two sites you shared with us and I/we are indebted to you for your generousity.

Then again, I cannot be certain if I will not practise law in Malaysia but as of right now already having the knowledge that the LL.B (Hons) from Leeds Met is not recognized by the MBC, then I am more inclined to looking elsewhere that would accept my credibility and professionalism.

Thanks for sharing your quarter worth of thoughts. They're very useful. Thanks for reading my blog and do come back some time. Maybe you can be a mentor or somebody ?? ;) Cheers!