Sunday, September 19, 2004

Leeeeeeeeds!! Leeds! Leeds!

We went up to Scotland and saw the historic Castle of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, erected in the 14th-17th century yesterday and it is still standing in all its splendor. The line was too long and not only that was a turn off but the tickets weren't economical too. But looking at such wonder(s) has already made my day even though I still think it could have been better for my curious mind to have visited the interiors.

Edinburgh is every shopper's paradise. It's much like Champs-elyses in Paris, or St. Lawrence Street in Montreal, where shops and/or stores never seems to end on both sides of the street. Scottish men in their kilts playing their instruments for charity and some just enjoyed doing it while promoting something else.

I found myself falling in love. The medieval architectures and designs of buildings intrigued me countless of times and ever since I arrived in Leeds and Edinburgh, both cities has never ceased to dazzle me. They have everything to offer and offer shall they to you of their everything!

It's nothing like Saskatoon. Uh-oh, I think I might just be denouncing my favors for the city I lived in for the past 3 yrs... poop! Anyway, then again I don't think both of this city can be compared side-by-side as one is a small city probably thrived from farming businesses, and the other is just a huge metropolitan.

Leeds is indeed a shopping paradise too! Believe me, it's not just that. If you're lookiing for night life, this is the place to be. There are things I saw that might have just affirmed my conclusions and I don't think it'd be appropriate to paint you the pictures. However, on the second thought, I might just as well now that I have mention it. There are thousands of pubs and clubs all alike playing all sorts of musics from samba to spanish, to R&B's to all recent popular genres. Entrance fees from nothing (free) to about 15$ (pounds) per head. English girls all dressed up as though they have a label on their foreheads and/or chest saying "Take me home. These are your toys, play with me. You fondle they wobble"

A group of Spanish people and some of their flat mates invited me along with other friends (just met) for a night out. One night experiencing the night life here is already enough to convince me that I will not be too bored here.

The other draw back is that after all the raves and parties, it was time to get back home but there's another longer line at the taxi stand. Cabs were already too busy to be called and all have to be waiting in the line that'd seem to be there for another 90 minutes or so before it's your turn. There are PRIVATE cabs and when it's private I meant it's private where they'd rip your pants and mini-skirts off till you're naked and hump the daylight out of you. For a desperate trip and not wanting to be in the long taxi line, they'd charge from 30-60$ (pounds) per trip depending on the distance whereby if you had waited for a cab, you'd expect to pay no more than 10$ pounds. Now, the former is a rip off... and I thought FutureShop is a rippoff case. Over here, the "private" cabs are!! Totally ironic! Then, here's the best part: we did not queue up for cabs but instead we walked down Headrow Lane (the main city's artery, if not mistaken) and flagged down a couple of cabs for 10 of us. Had we waited in the line, it would have been at least an hour or two.

I think the weather over here is even crazier than that of Saskatoon. It rains here and that suxx! The rain would set in at random and it's not just a one time thing. Over the period of 2 hours it can rain and stop and rain again for 5 times. We get light rains most of the time so walking in the rain (which is the other thing I am deprived of while in Saskatoon) is not a problem. I'd rather it snosw as frequent as it rains here.

That's about it for yesterday.

Classes don't begin until 28th, on my birthday. I have convinced myself that life as a single bachelor guy here would be awesome! Not that i'm going to screw around... but... certainly I will practice what I preach to others, protection!! So, you make up your own conclusion. English girls are jewels here... yummy.
Cheers!

No comments: