Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Looks promising

We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do in our law course last week and I suppose most of us were happy that way. On the other hand I was overrun by boredome and wasn't too happy that I had nothing to do to keep me busy, until yesterday -- for our Contract class, we receive a reading assignment on 13 cases due next week.

Thirteen cases!! Doesn't seem a lot to you but it sure does to me and for the rest of my class. Thirteen, 13, cases!! Know them by heart by the following monday, Oct 11!

I have done 3 of them of which I fell asleep after reading the second. I think going through the entire year in law school is going to be an interesting one. Perhaps I should educated myself and perhaps you as well some law terminologies so as to familiarize with its usage.

Now, Offer and Invitation to treat has a distinct difference but both fall under the category of the former and has relations with acceptance. Am I being clear here? If you're confused, don't worry because I am too. Let me get this straight...

Man, give me any economic journals filled with econometrics and abstract mathematics I'd be able to read them and understand them in matter of hours. My preferences are inclined to that of logical understanding -- maths. Not that law cases are not logical, but they are! But they're all in words. There are not a arbitrary variable which can represent something and with it be equated to another significant value being divisible by a rational number. WTF! There's nothing I can play with in these cases that are hundreds of years old. Well, at least I don't know how to play with them yet like I can with mathematical variables.

This is the kind of stuff that I would rather be associated with. Stacked them up around my little study cubicle and not law journals. ;)

Hm... if only law can be more mathematical inclined... wouldn't that make our lives much more interesting and lawyers more of a rational number?

Another lame soliloquy produced at the James Graham Library.

No comments: