Saturday, January 01, 2005

Blue-balled New Year

Earlier this morning, I finally dragged myself out of bed and duly went into the bathroom and had a good stare in the mirror for 10 minutes or so. My memory rewinded back to when I screwed up the dinner date with HF (I was suppose to make at home) up to the first sentence above.

Was at the library yesterday's morning with ZX till 1600 when we went back. She have arranged an impromptu date with another guy so that's okay. I had to make dinner for the NY's date with HF and walked to Morissons by 1700 only to find it's freaking closed. Feeling full of regret and shame I walked back when I decided to check out ZX if I can join her (not really my intention but I guess when one's turned down, anything can be regarded as immediate substitute). Found out she was just at a bus stop across of me waiting to go to the city. I sat with her. The bus arrived and everyone queued up and I was left there comtemplating if I should go as there was really nothing to do at home any more. I couldn't face the horrid shame and embarrassment I'd put up when HF comes to my flat expecting yummy dinner. I cut the thoughts short and hopped on to the bus and to city.

We went our ways and I couldn't get into Debenhams where HF works so I stood by the window outside watching her... counting money at the cashier.

Police came. Apparently, a group of kids were allegedly to have picked out something from the shelves. The law enforcers were very quick to apprehend them. I saw the action.

The confrontation
I wanted to see her. I don't know why though. Maybe to break out the bad news that there is no food, and that is what I did eventually as she looked into my eyes as though she knew something was amissed. She took it well.

"It's new year's eve! We've gotta do something! But I'm hungry..."
"Me too! I was thinking if we could eat out", I responded quickly hoping she'll forget the bad news I broke out.

The Dinner
We had chinese buffet dinner. Just before we started, she wanted me to wait because she has a surprise for me. She must have been in the Ladies for like 15 minutes and there was a tap on my right shoulder. I turned my head overlooking my shoulder which was tapped. By golly! A gorgeous girl! She changed from her work violet checkered 'uniform' to a low-neckline black dress accompanied with a knee-length denim skirt and black pantyhose, and on mid-cut black stillettos. She has let down her pony-tailed hair. Absolutely smashing!

I thought of myself in the context of how appropriately dressed I am as compared to her. I looked like a bloody simple-minded cleaner who has the least knowledge in fashion. But luckily, my top is black too! ;) hehe! with a blue denim jeans.

We had our bottle of wine and it was 5 quids to open. We enjoyed our meals, joked a little, chatted more, feeding each other sometimes, and making hundreds of toastings as long as the wine is still there.

What I cannot believe is this: I am dining with the most chased-after girl in Leeds, Shanghai, and Japan. I was having thousands of doubts about the reality before my eyes. I was being very myself and the entire episode went smoothly and I believe we're both entertained.

The countdown
Had 5 shots of liquors: Jack Daniels (x2), Tequila, Vodka, and Sambuca (flamed).
Went out at 2355 to the Millenium Square, which is just a few steps off the varenda of Burbon where we had our shots. There's quite a carnival there with many DARE-RIDES.

The Kiss
Soon, fireworks displays were everywhere to be seen in the city's sky. Astounded by the beautiful display, I hugged her close from behind and wished her HNY! Without paying much attention to what's going on after what was said, we frech kissed for like forever!

The Balls turned its color
"Although it is advertised to be "... Daily life (Uncensored)" this part needs censorship to avoid [further] embarrassments as the nature of the topic is more than a taboo. Dang!

Had I declined invitations to go out on NY's eve, I wouldn't have had the best New Year's countdown celebration and things we did following that.

fcuk! my work...
"Dann!! I told you not to go out!!", said the hardworking side of me.
"...but it was all worth it!", I said.

No comments: