Monday, January 17, 2005

Racist English Kids

Was on my way to campus earlier when there was a bunch of English kids between 10 and 14 years old chatting and loitering on the street. As I advanced closer to them wielding a flash light in my hand (I had to walk past them) their laughters and giggles on how stupid life is gradually stopped. One of them blurted in Mandarin "Ni hao" (你好!) as my appearance of that of the Oriental became obvious to them under the street lamp. I ignored. Another "Ni hao...!" spilled out from one of them and I presumed it was the same kid as I could recognize the voice. I responded out of courtesy, "Hey, how's it going y'all?" to which there was no reply.

Just as I walked past them, another voice intruded my ears, "Hey Chink, why are you carrying that stupid looking torch light for? Are you blind?"

I ignored.

"Are you out looking for a Chinky girlfriend for a good time?"

I couldn't accept what I heard but at the same time I couldn't just pretend that I didn't hear anything, in particular, that I was called a Chink -- the worst derogatory racist remark for the Asian people especially Chinese.

I turned my head to them and, "FUCK YOU and to hell with you! Go get a life!", I suddenly shouted while showing them the 'V' sign with the back of my hand facing them--typical English way of saying 'you're a cunt!'

I just continued walking. Looking back, I didn't think I deserve any of those and certainly, I didn't think they deserved my respond to their racist remark. Now that I think about it, I shake my head troubled thinking of what has the English parents taught/did to their kids today? Have they instilled such bitter racisms to even kids? Is it their parents? Or it could be the media... like I've seen poster adverts like the ones for soccer in particular saying stuff like "Show racism to the red card" is somehow inadvertently cultivating the qualities of racisms not limited to the red card per se. Further, the word "Racism" is posted and seen everyday and worse, everywhere. To "Show Racism..." is a negative message but to say "Stop racism..." is sufficiently a positive message to the public.

Those kids may think they were kidding. I would like to think they were too. Knowing that I look like an Oriental and knowing that the derogatory term 'chink' is used against such person, race, and kind, is already sufficient to realize their negative intentions--that is to hurt 'all people that look like me' with that remark.

Proud country with proud people who could only look down on other people of other races of other colors? If it is, and if there's nothing done to curtail the problem, then I think England's future will stink like a pile of muddled shits with other contaminants in an abandoned sewerage especially when these kids will be England's future 'leaders'

This is the day I shall never forget.
还有其他的事情关于斐斐我不敢说。Anyway, 咱们在一起的时候满开心的。
Lovebites 怎么去翻译去中文呢? 嘻嘻!我给了她一个两个,我都有一个!很有趣!

No comments: