Saturday, January 15, 2005

"Where is Danny?"

Apparently, my flatmates have been looking for me over the last three/four days and I wasn't around. It was either I came back at an ungodly hour and then went out when everyone's out. It was such mere coincidences that even my shadows did not leave any traces that led to my being. I am the only person out of six others who would leave [outdoor] shoes outside the room and along the hallway/verandah. There are only two pairs of shoes that I wear and if there is a pair outside, it would suggest that I'm out--very simple induction.

There was one day when I had my sandals, which I kept in-room, on for 2 days and for 2 days they thought I was sick in my room.

I am also known as "Danny the Deejay" of flat 23. There was no [loud] musics for the past 3 days and Ketil, one of the Norwegian guys, was actually going to report for a missing person. No shoes, and no musics. So,

"Where is Danny?" or "Where is Dann the DJ??"

He has been in the library spending time reading, correcting, and proof-reading student's essays for a fee. Well, there were other things he did too but shall we leave his private life to himself? On Friday, a Taiwanese girl called him up and asked if he could proof-read her essay/project and he duly agreed for £1.50/page. She consented. It was a 12 pages paper and he earned £24 in 45 minutes. He felt a little bad because he had only done 8.5 pages when she had to print out her work and submit them before the due date time. She said she would pay later, and she came over to his flat with a £20 and explained how she had no loose change to make it £24. He forgot to mention that it was okay and that it was only a joke. Absent-mindedly, he accepted the £20 bill.
I think he's going to return her £8 to remain fair because that's the amount of money he's suppose to have earned by the pages he reads and corrects. How cunning!

Rumors
When I was going to college at Sepang Institute of Technology (Malaysia), I didn't think I have created a positive reputation among friends there. Rumors have that were negative and against me were spread like how mushrooms would spring after rain. It was an agonizing 1.5 years there until I met this guy from Yemen, Ramzy Towfik (RT). Soon, his friends and their friends who have the contaminated thoughts against me gradually re-thought of the rumor and eventually, I can see acceptance. RT has certainly made a lot of difference in people's lives, not only mine.

HF could (extra emphasis) be in the same shoes as I was at that time; and me in RT's. But I do know what HF is like, in terms of who, what, how she is and why she's the way she is today. I really despise people who have the unqualified therefore illegal certificate to put a label of generalization on a certain person then spread the news as though s/he has taken on another job as a reporter for SuperGossip TV & Radio (Live). For goodness' sake, get to know a person well (e.g. psychology, behavior, character, spirit, mental, well-being, etc.) before making any comments that has the weight of condamnation judgement that will inadvertedly affect the victim in discussion in terms of his/her life, reputation, social class, morales, self-confidence, etc. It is already not fair, per se, to demerit one while the other who is the culprit feel good. If only back-stabbing is a culpable crime, this world could have been a best place to live. This, could very well be one of my reasons for my loathe of generalization of a person, topic, situation, or something.

A short elaboration on the previous line, there's a common generalization on 'all Chinese' especially girls (guys too) that they {our generation (I'm 25 yrs old) and including those after us} are all rich & spoilt (and having that of a prima donna qualities). If only I have a chance to explain to reconstruct that generalized remark, I would have NOT disagree nor would I have agreed with it. I have seen, met, and known enough (within my circle of friends) such people who have proven that remark to be an oversight, and vice versa. Hence, that remark is not true within my reality. (psst! I live in the reality)

I don't think I'm taking sides for or against her just because of I'm going through or experiecing a relationship with her right now. I'm not in love nor am I blind. There is an opportunity to understand another person and I have certainly grabbed this rare opportunity. Whatever is said were all based on my observations, what was told, etc.

No comments: