Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Norwegian Brown Cheese (Brunost)

A couple of months ago as i can recalled, one of my flatmate, Bjørn, offered me a slice of cheese I have never seen before. Oh my gawd!! It was love at first bite!! Creamy and caramel tasting yet smooth as it melts with the warmth and moist of my mouth. Taking my time savouring the heavenly taste, a taste that did not even come close to other cheeses I've had. It was... oh my gawd! Not too sweet, not too salty (?? are cheese salty?)... everything in perfect equilibrium. The best thing is, it's very, very cheesey creamy. Just as chocolate would melt a woman's heart as the saying goes, this cheese, has certainly achieved that purpose to me (except that I'm a man). I can almost guarantee with my life that it is the most delicious tasting cheese. And it's perfect to go with bread.

Later, I found out that it's something that Norwegians must not leave home without when they go abroad. Two of our Norwegian flatmates went home over the Christmas and I had to remind them (more like pleading) to bring back a couple for me. And they did!!
I'm in love again!

Well, I did a couple of search on Google and this is what I've came up with for you just so you get the idea of what I'm talking about. It has never occured to me the existence of Brown Cheese! Most, if not all, are of yellow in color. I begin to wonder if there are Green Cheese, Red Cheese, Violet Cheese, or cheeses of the rainbow colors?

No comments: