Sunday, January 02, 2005

Reflection

"If you plan for a year,
plant a seed.
If for ten years,
plant a tree.
If for a hundred years,
teach the people.
When you sow a seed once,
you will reap a single harvest.
When you teach the people,
you will reap a hundred harvests." -Kuan Chung

Knowledge is to be share,
not be misconstrued as an arrogant know-it-all,
attitudes play a big role in this act of sharing
lest you be deemed problemed asshole who's dull.

Over the past years I have been victimised
by this identity I have been criminalised,
put behind the virtual bars of smart-aleck alone
now freed and decriminalised to know I've grown.

Stating what I know always pretending to be iffy on the fact
purpose is to soften the arrogant smart-aleck effect,
I do not wish to be again in virtual prisons
'coz no one can help not making intercomparisons.

Perhaps this and 'thru jokes the best way to teach
among friends not making myself any more superior,
since not all have been to church liked to be preached
perhaps not many wants to believe in the love of our savior.

They say lawyers have not many friends
because of an evident trait of 'I must not, in any arguments, lose'
My biggest worry is that they bemake me a bloody fiend
because I'm afraid I'd lose control & become everybody's news.

Written by:--Danny V-Li Teok--

No comments: